Wednesday, May 8, 2013

life lessons for GO GETTERS

 Alejandra Alonso


“If you can dream it, you can do it.” - Walt Disney

It is often the most ambitious amongst us who struggle to accommodate their determination and deal with the reality of their own success. We’ve sourced a smattering of life lessons from some serious achievers to help guide your thinking on the journey to success.



What is success? 
“I think it is a mixture of having a flair for the thing that you are doing; knowing that it is not enough, that you have got to have hard work and a certain sense of purpose.” – Margaret Thatcher.



Drive alone doesn’t make you wise.
 

A measured attitude is invaluable to the ambitious as renowned journalist A.J Liebling observed: "I can write better than anybody who can write faster, and I can write faster than anybody who can write better."



Failure is good for you. 

Bill Gates rightly comments of unchecked success: “Success is a lousy teacher, it seduces smart people into thinking they can’t lose.”



Harness your ambition. 
It’s easy to lose drive if you don’t have a strong direction. "I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." - Thomas Jefferson.



Plan ahead and make goals, 
Your success will be much greater if you have a clear purpose. "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality." - Ayn Rand.



Relax. 
Even the go-getters need downtime. Getting enough rest will ensure you maintain a strong level of productivity. "There is more to life than increasing its speed." - Mahatma Gandhi.



Timing is everything. 
Andy Warhol once said “As soon as you stop wanting something, you get it.”



Success is never a cut and paste situation.
 

“You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too. That’s a part of it. I’d be more frightened by not using whatever abilities I’d been given. I’d be more frightened by procrastination and laziness.” - Denzel Washington.



Be adaptable in your thinking
. 

“It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.” Charles Darwin. 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished