Wednesday, March 27, 2013

baking couture CAESAR SALAD


For a Year 12 hospitality assessment my daughter had to cook a meal using a dry and wet method of cooking. So I suggested a caesar salad with a poached egg. This is what we had for dinner and it was delicious.

Ingredients

1 bunch cos lettuce
3 rashers bacon
500g chicken breast
4 eggs
2 tablespoons white vinegar
a few slivers of avocado (if desired)
4 tablespoons caesar dressing
4 tablespoons of caesar dressing

Method

Wash and chop cos lettuce into 2cm chunks and place on 4 plates.
Chop chicken breast and cook until golden brown.
Chop bacon into pieces and cook until desired, we like crispy.

To poach eggs
Fill a saucepan half full with water and add 2 tablespoons of vinegar and bring to the boil.
Place each egg into a glass and the carefully add to the boiling water and cook until white is solid.

Place chicken and bacon over the lettuce then add the avocado then the poached egg. Finish off by drizzling the dressing over the top.

1 comment :

  1. Fi @ My Mummy DazwMarch 27, 2013 at 9:41 PM

    Yummm! I'm craving croutons and crunchy bacon now!! I hope your DD aced her assessment! Fi xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished