Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Phone calls that make you hold your breath

jackie bouvier kennedy onassis with caroline on the phone.jpg


When you receive a call and they say that your daughter has had an accident do you automatically think the worst? I received exactly that yesterday. That my youngest daughter had fallen and received a bump to the head. I felt the adrenalin run through my body and waited for the receptionist to finish telling me about the incident. I was so scared, but at least she said she is ok and that they wait half an hour to see if concussion set in. She was quickly picked up and brought home.

I have received a few horrid phone calls and I guess you are never prepared for what id s going to happen or be said. Eight years ago I received a phone call from my sister, in Melbourne, about my brother being in a car accident while holidaying in America with his wife. I remember the call like it was yesterday, stating that my brother was ok but our lovely sister-in-law was tragically killed. I still get goosebumps recalling this horrible tragedy. I have to say that I have never been the same since the day I received that phone call.

Another was last year when my father passed away and I remember my mother receiving a call when I was about nine and her sister passing away. Why is it that we remember all the significant and sad phone calls that come our way. Do you hold your breath when you get certain phone calls? Why is it we automatically think the worst?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished