Friday, January 11, 2013

baking couture APPLE and BLUEBERRY CAKE


Yesterday I needed something sweet and tasty to have for morning tea as I had nothing. So I made my favourite go to Apple + Blueberry cake from Fast, Fresh, Simple. 


1 1/2 cups self raising flour (sifted)
1/4 cup caster sugar
125g butter, (softened)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 apple , cored, thinly sliced
3/4 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
2 tablespoons demerara sugar (I just used raw)

Pre heat oven to 160 degrees. 
Place flour, sugar, butter, vanilla, eggs and milk to the bowl and mix with an electric mixer and beat until just combined.
Spoon mixture into a greased springform tin lined with baking paper.
Top with apple and blueberries and sprinkle with sugar.
Bake for 45 minutes or until the cake is cooked.

pics are my own.

1 comment :

  1. Looks amazing. Seems like I won't be able to stick to my new year's resolutions for at least another weekend. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished