Saturday, November 24, 2012

where have all the BOOKSHOPS GONE?

Bookshops

Today I went to see 'The Perks of Being a Wallflower' with my youngest daughter while my eldest went to see the last instalment of the Twilight series. 


'The Perks of Being a Wallflower 'is written by Stephen Chobsky, the book is a funny and touching coming-of-age story about the dizzying highs and crushing lows of growing up. The movie, starring Logan Lerman, Emma Watson and Ezra Miller, also has a badass soundtrack that includes songs by The Smiths, David Bowie, New Order and Sonic Youth.

My daughter has been asking for the above named book and yesterday I went hunting all over our local Westfield. To my disappointment none of the department stores had the book. I even checked the local K-Mart and they normally have large array of books but again I was left with no book for my daughter.

We as parents are meant to encourage our children to read but how can this be achieved when all the bookshops have gone. DO we have to order them online and then wait for days to weeks for the books to arrive and then they have decided that they do not want to read that particular book anymore.

Book shops are a beautiful way for children to find their favourite writer and take a few minutes to read and decide whether they love that story or not. If not time to move on and find another. I love visiting Melbourne near my sisters place where they have unique and individual bookstores where you can chat to the shop assistant and talk about good novels and what is the current trend or favourite read lately.

Seriously if you love a book you cannot be full filled straight away by purchasing the book and taking it home to read you know have to wait. i have been buying a number of books online lately and you can wait up to 2-3 weeks for the book to arrive.

How all you readers out there feel about the disappearance of the bookshop? Have you had trouble finding a book you have been on the hunt for?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished