Tuesday, November 20, 2012

4 ways to GET MORE ENERGY

.

Today my energy levels are so depleted and I have a few assessments to finish and blog posts to write. Back in April I blogged '4 ways to get more energy' which I found on my favourite read 'Body and Soul'. I started my day with a healthy breakfast and have had ample coffee only to see no change.



Fuel the body
Eat four to five smaller meals throughout the day. For breakfast and lunch, ensure you eat some protein. Protein contains tyrosine, which is converted into the alertness neurotransmitter, dopamine. Dopamine helps boost energy levels and concentration. [Protein rich foods include eggs, nuts, baked beans, peanut butter, sunflower seeds, meat, dairy, grains]

.


Move baby move
Physical activity and strategic movement keeps circulation pumping throughout the body. Just like computers have an energy-saving mode when they are not being used, so does the human body. Get up off your back side and move at least every 90 minutes.

live like this.


Work in waves
The study of biological rhythms shows we can concentrate and perform high level cognitive processing (thinking) tasks for 90 - 120 minute. Set your day up to work in 90 minutes to two hours followed by a five to fifteen minute brain break.

Comfort



Recharge and refresh
Sustaining energy levels throughout the day actually starts the night before, with a deep, restorative sleep. Aim to get between 7-8 hours sleep and constantly switch off before going to bed each night.

How do you recharge and boost your energy levels?

images 1. 2. 3. 4. 5.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished