Monday, October 1, 2012

parenting MONDAY ~ settling techniques

my baby loves her lambskin

One of my cousins has been having trouble settling her little man over the past few weeks. She has been asking for suggestions through facebook. I thought there are always mother's out there who go through rough patches when their little one is not settling. I have always been an avid reader of parenting books and seeking information to find out more about children. 

I am currently reading 'Bringing Up Bebe' by Pamela Druckerman and one of the biggest tips in the first few pages is to PAUSE ~ stop and listen before going in to every little noise or cry. This will teach your child to self soothe and hopefully resettle as long as their is no other reason that they are awake. Give your baby the chance to settle themselves before picking them up or entering their room.

sweet

Each child is different and they all settle differently to others. I know how frustrating it can be to settle your little person, in the middle of the night, when all you need is sleep. My eldest was a colicky baby and my youngest was not getting enough from me when I was breast feeding for the first 6 weeks and then she suffered with croup for years after that. Believe me it does get easier and there is always a light at the end of the tunnel. 

I always believe that you should do what you think is best as you are the parent and no-one knows your baby better than you. If in doubt sleep together and that way you both get sleep. Sleep is more important for you all than worrying if you are doing the right thing. Parenting is all trial and error and doing the best job you can. If in doubt ask for help.

1 comment :

  1. I like the post of the article and Thanks for the information about

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished