Tuesday, September 4, 2012

style in your 40's ~ FLORAL JEANS

Floral Skinny Jeans!

Floral Jeans

floral jeans

celebrity floral jeans

floral jeans spring 2012


Age is only a state of mind. I am in my mid 40's and I have had a passion for fashion and style most of my life more in my 20's as when I was younger we could not afford to be dressed in the latest looks as there were no were, as near as much variety, and price points as there is today. I remember going shopping at Sussan Gray for my 16th and we spent up big but, oh my, my fashion sense back then was, what can I say, otrocious. I wore this huge black and white check blazer that was way to big for me.  Mind you we didi live in a small country town and had to travel 2 hours to be anywhere reasonable to shop for fashion. Imagined shopping in the same store as your Mother when you are only 16.

When I finished year 12 I had the opportunity to travel over to the UK to live with an aunt for 9 months. It was a huge eye opener for me and this is wear my whole outlook on fashion changed. I came back from my 9 months of traveling and moved to Melbourne with friends and was so happy that I could afford fashion and style to be on trend.

I have to say being in my 40s I think I have to say I have more style and class than I have ever had in my life. I love classic style with a touch of the on trend pieces.  I took the plunge last week and bought a pair of floral jeans from Supre. I walked past and just simply fell in love. They also had enticed me in knowing that there hugely popular oversized knits were now half price so I grabbed one and a pair of floral jeans to try. My daughters were not with me so I sent them a pic and asked them their thoughts and they both replied back with a 'yes'. I was surprised as I thought they would just remain in the back of my mind as something I would like, 'but could never buy' as I am not in the right age bracket to wear something so out there. I am happy I took the plunge and love my floral jeans. After all age is just how you feel and being in your 40's is not the time to say you cannot wear or try something if you love it.

TIP: Floral jeans/leggings are best worn with a neutral colour top or knit. They also look fabulous with the classic chambray shirt. I also think they look great with heels and flip flops.



images pinterest / stylecaster / http://www.stylecaster.com/ / google

3 comments :

  1. I guess if you've lived long enough you'll see the same trends come around again. I'm 41 and I can't remember when it was, but there have been floral jeans in my past! I like yours a lot. Might be time to fresh up my wardrobe too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes just like everything they have come around again. I cannot remember when the floral jeans were around before either. Take the plunge and go floral. I would love to see a pic on what you choose to buy. Thank you for taking the time to reply.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished