Thursday, August 9, 2012

style in your 40'S


I feel that when you reach your 40's you are more comfortable with in yourself. I have to admit I have grown to love my body although I do have the days when I wish that my stomach was flatter and I had no cellulite on my thighs or upper arms. I have learnt to embrace my body. I think I have a reasonably good fashion sense. I have been complimented over the years about my style and how I have considerable taste in putting items together. But do not get me wrong I have had a few fashion dilemmas as well where I have taken a step back and thought that was not a good look! One of my fashion idols is Ines De La Fressange (although I know she is in her 50's her look is classic and wearable) and I try to emulate some of her style with out the designer price tag. Who is your fashion idol?


I also love Emmanuelle Alt who's style and look is always impeccable. 



There a subtle ways you can add on trend pieces without looking too overdone. I am wearing a Linen Blazer from Sussan for which I have received many compliments for. This blazer is so comfortable and easy to wear. I am tempted to buy the beige one also. So classic and chic to add with shorts and jeans or the cropped pants for the coming Spring/Summer season. I love my skinny jeans they are my go to jeans all year round. I am also a girl who loves to be comfortable so ballet flats are my best friend. Accessorise with a light weight scarf to add more of the new season colours. My Cue top is from last summer but I know they have more spot styles in store now.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished