Monday, August 13, 2012

parenting MONDAY - teenagers and bullying


Teenagers ~ in the mind of a 13 year old girl....

My youngest daughter has had her share of bullying and, like myself and her sister, she cannot handle seeing or hearing about others being abused by others especially hiding behind their computer screens. My daughter has overcome the bullying and her friendships are in a harmonious state. But she is still aware that things could change in an instant. The times my daughter has been bullied are the result of sticking up for and defending another friend. What possesses these nasty people to feel they have the right to attack, pick on or abuse another human being.

Here are some words of wisdom my daughter has randomly put on her facebook page.........

Abuse and harass others. Just cause your hidden behind some computer like a coward doesn't mean this isn't bullying.

I wish I could tell every young girl with an eating disorder, or who has harmed herself in any way, that she’s worthy of life and that her life has meaning. You can overcome and get through anything.

It gets better. It seems hard, you know, I think being different is always gonna be a tough climb. There's always gonna be people that are scared of it. But at the end of the day you give those bullies, those people, that are so ignorant, if you give them the power to affect you, you're letting them win. And they don't deserve that. What you're doing by being yourself is you're keeping it real, and you're being really brave.


I thought I would share some of her amazing art work.





No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished