Saturday, July 14, 2012

on my mind ~ Lying

mother

We are all guilty of it, whether it be small little fibs or for others lying to protect yourself or for some other reason. We lie as parents, especially when they are little. I have to admit I felt very uncomfortable lying to my children about the Easter Bunny, Santa and the Tooth Fairy. All appropriate for a little make believe that the tooth fairy will leave a small donation for a lost tooth, or the Easter Bunny leaving chocolates on Easter Sunday. Santa leaving gifts at Christmas time for all your well behaved children was probably the easiest for to me and the longest I held on to before letting my daughters know the truth. I had this dis discussion with my daughters the other day and they said they loved the thought of Santa coming and leaving them gifts. So really, I guess, it is all about creating a little make believe in our little people's world. How do you feel about this?

When is the right time to tell your children that Santa, The Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny are all make believe and that the gifts, chocolate and money come from us, their parents? I do not remember exactly when I told my daughters, I think my eldest was around 6 or 7. She loved knowing a little secret, that her little sister did not know and she loved pretending. Santa was the one I held onto the longest, as I loved seeing the joy on their face knowing Santa had came to their home.

I am curious to know, did you leave a gift from you as parents as well as the gifts from Santa, or did you just leave presents from Santa? I left a present from us as parents and then the rest of the gifts were from Santa.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished