Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Love. Want. Read. Eat.



LOVE ~ Styling You by Nikki Parkinson. Styling You is my new found bloggy love. Nikki and her blog are both a constant source of inspiration for me. For those who do not know the site I highly recommend you take a look. Styling you is one of the first blogs I read every morning. Nikki is so passionate and genuine with sharing so many tips on fashion for the everyday woman. 

WANT ~ I have been looking for white jeans and loads of people are loving the J.CREW brand. I am thinking that I may have to take the leap and try J.Crew. Have you worn or do you wear J.Crew Jeans?

READ ~ Everyone is reading and recommending the 50 shades series. The series is by a British author E. L. James, and set largely in Seattle, which recounts the deepening relationship between a college graduate and a young businessman Christian Grey. 
Have you read or are you reading the series? Do you recommend? I would love to hear your thoughts.

EAT ~ Donna Hay Chicken Pies from the Fast Fresh Simple Cookbook. I have made these a few times and they have become quite a favourite in our home.


Chicken Pies
2 cups of coarsely chopped cooked chicken
3/4 cup sour cream
2 tblspns chopped basil leaves
1 tspn finely grated lemon rind
2 tspns dijon mustard
sea salt and cracked pepper
4 x 200 g sheets of puff pastry (thawed)


Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F). Combine the chicken sour cream, basil,lemon rind, mustard, salt and pepper. Cut 2 x 15cm x 10cm rectangles from the pastry (i just quartered both the sheets to make four) and place on baking tray lined with non- stick baking paper.
Spoon the filling into the centre of the pastry. Brush just inside the edge with the egg. Cut 2 x 18cm x 12cm rectangles from the remaining pastry and place over the filling. Gently press edges together to seal. Brush the tops with the beaten egg. Bake the pies for 25-30 minutes or until pastry is puffed and golden.







No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished