Monday, July 2, 2012

Living with TEENAGERS




Help me please. 

My eldest daughter compares herself  to others and constantly thinks that she is not as good as others and that she fails at everything but she doesn't. Our latest issue is going for her L's in between the year 11 preliminary exams and assessments on top of every else that teenage life can bring. I have tried positive words do encouragement, I have tried quotes, I have tried  lots of different things. Right now my heart is aching as I want her to be more positive. I am really finding this really tough at the moment. I just wish she could realise that she is better than what she thinks she is. She has loads of friends who love and adore her as well as family support. I am up for your suggestions that you have on offer. I just want her to think better of herself and I think hearing or seeing it from others sharing their stories will help her. I will be showing her all the comments you leave. Positive affirmations please........


What would you do in this situation?

2 comments :

  1. Being a mum of a 17 and 16 year olds, I can share your pain, my daughter went through a pretty rough year last year, I made it my goal to text her a positive quotes each day and constantly text her and do things with her on a weekly basis. A lot has changed this year, she is doing year 12 and she has changed her focus and realised what is important. It does get easier for them and for you, all you can do is make sure you are there for her and her know that she can constantly come to you for anything. Also find out the source of her insecurity and try to eliminate it or them from her life. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for taking the time to leave some encouraging words. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished