Sunday, July 1, 2012

How to Improve Battery Life...

Chic

Lately my 3 year old iPhone battery life has been depleting more and more each day. Yesterday while taking notes through twitter from the blogopolis seminar, I had to charge 3 times. I researched and came across these tips from Tech Talker on how to improve your battery life.

Tip 1 - Avoid Heat 
The most important threat to your battery is heat. I am forever telling my daughters not to sit near the gas heater while on their phones or laptops. 

Tip 2 - Charge
The new Lithium-ion batteries found in laptops, iPhones etc do not need to be drained all the way to zero. It is much better for them to be charged at around 50% and the recharged as necessary. Once charged to 100% try not to leave it plugged in. Once a month you should fully discharge your battery all the way, because the batteries in smart phones and laptops keep track of how much time you have left. Dong a full discharge allows the clock to recalibrate ad you give more accurate estimate of how long the battery will last.

How to Extend Battery Life 

- Tone down the brightness

- Turn off apps running in the background

- Turning off Wifi, Bluetooth, 3G and 4G. 

- Turn your phone to flight mode when flying, which will in turn off all forms of wireless communication.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished