Monday, June 18, 2012

something you didn't know about me......


For the photoadayJUNE on instagram, which is ran by Chantelle from Fat Mum Slim. Todays topic is 'Something we do not know about you'. So I thought I would add a photo of my Mum and let you know how inspiring and wonderful she is. Mum has bought up 3 children with me being the eldest and I was born 6 weeks preemie. Then mum had my sister then another sister who did not make it,  as her lungs did not develop properly. Then she gave birth to my brother a few years later.


You may be thinking what is so 'special about my mother', as we all consider our Mother's pretty special and wonderful. My mother was in a car accident when she was 13 years of age where she received a brain injury and had to learn to walk, talk and write all over again. Mum' s dream was to become a hairdresser as she loved styling. Well that dream soon faded as Mum was in and out of hospital and rehab for a number of years. Mum is also paralyzed down one side of her body.

Nine years later mum became pregnant with me and to have your first born in intensive care  for 6 weeks would have been a lot to deal with on it's own. My mother is amazing as she has bought up 3 children, mostly on her own as Dad worked. Mum changed nappy's, taught us what she could, walked us to school, was always there when we came home from school, cooked us yummy meals, took us to the doctors, dentist and most of the time by public transport. How on earth did my mother manage all of us? She did the best job she new and can I just say I believe we all turned out just FINE.

Mum I love you so much and thank you from the bottom of my heart for all you have done. 


1 comment :

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished