Tuesday, May 29, 2012

a little about ME ~ DOWN MEMORY LANE

File:JingellicGeneralStore2010.JPG

Jingellic General Store ~ My first job was here, as a teenager, at this little general store in a small country town on the Murray called Jingellic. Looking at this picture it brings back so many lovely memories and what a beautiful place to be. I am feeling quite emotional as I am writing this as it is bringing back happy memories with my dad, who is longer with me and as you know passed away in March this year. Wow! it is amazing how a little photo can affect your emotions. Dad I miss you so much!!

File:JingellicBridgeHotel December2005.jpg

The Bridge Hotel ~ Where my father worked and had a few beers and we used to go after the school bus dropped us and Dad picked us up to go for a swim in the Murray River. My sister brother and I learnt to swim in this river. We used swim across the Murray known for its strong currents and natural beauty.

File:JingellicBridgeOverMurray1.jpg

The bridge we used to cross from New South Wales into Victoria. We would make the journey across this bridge every day where we would meet the school bus to to travel 45 minutes, weather permitting, to get to school.


The lush green, rolling hills in the area.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished