Monday, May 28, 2012

10 tips to prevent and repair DRY, DAMAGED NAILS



Lately my nails have been super dry and I thought I would share some tips on how to get healthy and beautiful nails. I will be considering all these tips from she knows. I have never known my nails to be so dry and I know the colder weather makes them drier. I am not one for long nails although I did have acrylics on and off for a few years but now I love keeping my nails short with a favourite nail polish to keep them looking neat. Do you keep your nails short or long? Do you have or have you had acrylics? I love the chic french look. What is your favourite colour or look at the moment?

Soak nails in olive oil ~ for weak, thin nails, soak them in extra virgin olive oil for 10-15 minutes a day for a month, then twice a week there after.

Use a cuticle cream ~ a soothing cuticle cream helps nourish dry cuticles and brittle, damaged nails. Massage the vitamin E based cream into and around your nails nightly before going to bed.



Wear gloves for chores ~ (I do not do this often enough) When doing the dishes, cleaning and gardening, wear gloves. Detergents and cleansers are harsh.

Find a miracle treatment ~ a mineral rich formula base with protein and antioxidants, which will help restore, dry splitting and damaged nails. A clear coast of polish also protects nails.

Eat biotin-rich foods ~ include foods rich in biotin, such as liver ( I do not eat liver), cooked eggs, whole grains, cauliflower and avocado. Biotin can help strengthen and thicken nails.

Don't overuse your nails ~ (this is a bit hard to do) try using a pen or other object when making a call, opening a soda can or any other task that requires using nails.

Take a multivitamin daily ~ Vitamins are essential for your overall well being which in turn can do wonders for your nails as well. Lack of vitamin A and C as well as calcium can cause dry, brittle nails.

Avoid nail polish remover ~ Do not use nail polish remover more than once or twice a month, if possible. Never use nail polish remover which includes acetone, which can dry and damage nails.

Massage your nails ~ Massaging stimulates blood flow to the area, which helps the nail grow longer and stronger. Use a moisturising lotion and massage hands, cuticles and the nails themselves. Try and get into the habit of applying lotion after washing your hands. ( I have sorbolene stored under my sink).

Drink lots of water ~ We all know that water is good for us and benefits us in hydrating our dry damaged nails as well as our hair and skin.






No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished