Saturday, April 21, 2012

on my mind TEENAGERS


I do not blog at night much anymore as this is family time, but tonight I am up waiting to go and get my youngest daughter from 13th birthday party, which finishes at 11pm. I was thinking how do we as parents know when to say YES and when to say NO to invites they receive for party's. Both my daughter's have quite a few last year and this year as they are all turning 16 and 13. For me I usually follow my gut feeling and also listen to how my daughters talk about certain friends etc. I have to say 'I am one lucky mother' to have a 16 year old who might not say too much and a 13 year old who has an opinion on everything they are complete opposites but both have lovely friends, some from the pre-school years. 

touchn2btouched:

Childhood is the most beautiful of all life’s seasons.  

I have said yes far more than I have said no to invitations for my girls. One time I did say NO to my eldest daughter was when she was in year 8. I just did not feel right and this friend was not in her immediate circle of friends and I just had a feeling in my gut that did not sit well with me. She accepted my decision and did not argue or disagree with me......How lucky am I!!! But to be honest I have not said NO to her again.

How do you /or will you make decisions for your children? 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished