Friday, April 27, 2012

on my mind CAMPING




As most of my family and friends know I am not a huge love of camping. I like to live it up in 5 star accommodation with a breakfast buffet in the morning. I think it is a must to take my daughters camping so they can get a feel for the outdoor experience. I must admit I did love it when I was a kid. One of my favourite destinations where went as a family was Rainbow Beach. You know as a kid, you do not really realise where these places are exactly, all I new was that it was in Queensland and I loved it. I especially remember the coloured sands and taking a little bottle home as a souvenir. 

Rainbow Beach is the Gateway to Fraser Island and takes it name from the coloured sand cliffs nearby.

Erosion has exposed a palette of as many as 72 different coloured sands which have been produced by combinations of iron oxide and leached vegetable dyes. It is likely that the sands have been forming since the last ice age.

Do you go camping? If so , where is your favourite destination?

2 comments :

  1. I found your blog on Circle of Moms and it's gorgeous! I'm looking forward to following you! :)

    http://ritabarton.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. camping is the best, you can relax, think about eating and reading and not be concerned about your 'outfit'. Camping is where you can be YOURself. Shoreham forever!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished