Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Healthy Eating for Kids


As my youngest daughter is not a fan of red meat I try and work other proteins and iron into her diet.
Lucky she eats eggs. Did you know eggs are a power pack full of loads of nutrients.

The humble egg contains:

- protein essential for building new cells to replace the ones damaged.

- contain iron needed for making red blood cells which is crucial for teenage girls. An egg yolk can provide 
as much iron as a lamb chop. Drinking juice which contains vitamin C helps iron absorption when eaten at 
the same meal. 

- contain a wide range of vitamins including A D E and all the B complex vitamins.

I am not a nutritionist but I have alway loved the relation between vitamins and minerals to help aid the body 
to function efficiently and I encourage both my daughters to eat healthy.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished