Monday, June 6, 2011

Mum Revelations - Julie







1. Where do you reside?

I live in Broadbeach on the Gold Coast in Queensland.

2. What is special about where you live?

We live walking distance from the beautiful beach, parks, restaurants and shops……(Need I say more!)

3.  How did you get your business started?

It all started with a mission to purchase a particular piece of jewellery that a girlfriend had bought in the US.  I soon found that a lot of the top international Accessory brands were not available in Australia and I would have to pay a large freight cost to ship it here.  My girlfriend and I joined together to form our online business, MarLey Rose and began importing designer jewellery brands from overseas.

6.  Who inspires you?

Anyone who is successful and happy in life.

8. Favourite holiday destination?

We love to stay at the Mantra resort at Salt, Kingslcliff.  It is a great family resort with 
everything you need right at your doorstep. 

9. What are some of your favourite items that you could not live without?

My jewellery of course!  As you can imagine I have a fairly large collection.  My favourites 
are my cocktail rings.  I have a gorgeous turquoise stone cocktail ring from the Alex and Ani 
collection that always gets comments whenever I wear it.
           

10. What is your favourite product for kids and why?

Portable DVD players. They have kept my kids busy in restaurants, long car rides, rainy holidays, 
and when I have to take the kids along to work.

11. What is one product you have bought that you did not need but just had to have?

I recently purchased myself a Mimco bag.  I didn’t really need a new bag but I just couldn’t resist!

12. Your favourite children’s fashion label?

I love Fred Bare but also really like Cotton On Kids and Country road.

13. What is your family’s favourite meal?

Crumbed Chicken, the kids favourite.

14. Are you a fashion conscious mother? If so what is your favourite label for yourself?

It is really hard not to be fashion conscious when you work in the fashion industry and exposed 
to so many beautiful things.  Some of my favourite labels are Country Road, Witchery, SABA, Ladakh, 
Honey&Beau.

15. What is the best thing about being a mother?

I enjoy my children so much. As they are growing older, I am really enjoying and value their 
companionship. My favourite time with the kids is when we just sit around and talk. It's great 
that they can talk to me about school and their friends and just anything that is happening in their lives.




Thank you Julie for sharing a little about you.

Take a look at Julie's jewellery collection. MARLEY ROSE




No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your comments, they are important to me. V x

Hover to Pin

Blog Design by Get Polished